Thursday, April 08, 2010

Steynism!

Brilliant response to a letter writer whining about cruelty to all those martyrs in the public sector:
I can't usually connect all the widely scattered dots in your Macleans columns, so I would normally be unable to comment, but I think I understand the gist of your rant about the public sector. To which I have this to say:

Many who work in the public sector do so out of choice, and, in fact, many leave for the private sector or spend their careers shuttling between the two. Public sector jobs, at a mid-to-high level, often mean receiving lower wages. These jobs nowadays are dynamic, challenging, and done under the most severe public scrutiny. I encourage you to try working in the public sector for a while before raking over the coals the hard working people doing the sometimes thankless tasks that keep our country going.

Brendan Watkins
Victoria, British Columbia

MARK SAYS: Going where?

1 comment:

JuliaM said...

Ouch! :)