Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Blind Pig Day

Put this down as a case of the stupidities cancelling each other out: Reason magazine interviews the US Libertarian Party's candidate for Vice President, and he makes a great point.
And so my answer is, has America really been unfair to minorities? No it hasn't. It was unfair to me. A white butcher's kid, whose father had no money, but nobody gave me a break. And do I have a chip on my shoulder? You're damn right I do. And I represent millions and millions of poor people in this country who weren't lucky enough to be poor and black, they were unlucky enough to be poor and white, and they can't get into Harvard. So maybe that country Barack's fighting for, he's got the wrong country here. He's been just fine in this country.
Don't worry though, normal service is resumed in the comments thread at Reason, with crazee rebel tigers lining up to burn the heretic.

No comments: