Thursday, May 06, 2021

Live By The Victimhood...

Like many people, I've been on the edge of my seat watching the latest revelations about Noel Clarke.  

Honestly, I can't wait to see how a black guy accused of sexually harassing women turns out to be the fault of white men. It's the most compelling thing he's ever produced! 

Although, now I think about it, I did like that one where a hot white girl instantly jumps into bed with his character.

No, wait... that's everything he's ever done. 

I mean, I'm not saying it's a red flag or anything, but the fact this guy can't write a birthday card without including a sex scene between his character and a white chick does suggest a certain worldview. Even Woody Allen was more subtle and - how can I put this politely - this guy's no Woody Allen. 

Also, Woody Allen characters can go more than two minutes without referencing the Holocaust or encountering anti-Semites from central casting. Meanwhile, this guy's become a multi-millionaire celebrity through whining about how a brother can't get a break in the United KKKingdom. 

Oh yeah, and he was due to be given a lifetime achievement award - at age 45. 

Of course. 

Hey, you know who really can't get a break in the UK? Anyone who wants to practice actual journalism! Hence why we can't get a single interviewer in the whole country who will ask this guy what *would* count as getting a break? What would he have done if he wasn't held back by racism? Become a billionaire and been appointed King? 

Someone needs to ask him that. Until then, I'll just enjoy the show. 

Hey, normally I'm sceptical about the whole Me-Too stuff, but in so far as he's been accused of actual, specific acts in specific places with actual victims, these claims are approximately 1 bazillion times better sourced than his constant claims of super-secret raciss conspiracies designed to prevent the Greatest Filmmaker Evah from ascending to his rightful place in history, so you know, sauce for the goose....

1 comment:

JuliaM said...

"Hey, normally I'm sceptical about the whole Me-Too stuff...."

Me too! 😂