Friday, December 26, 2003

Random Linkage.


The Dissident Frogman has been making movies again.

Tim Blair speaks out on the subject of those excluded from today's celebration, namely the non-Boxites. Also, don't miss his collection of quotes of the year, covering everything from the sublime to the ridiculous.

The sublime:

Imagine my horror when I realised we were sharing our romantic evening with 100,000 angry extras from Mad Max II. Aside from the obvious annoyance of having dancing skeletons and filthy fat 'angels' outside our window all night, every time I opened my mouth to say 'I love you' in my most handsome tone, the words that appeared to come out were 'Peace in our time!', courtesy of some megaphone-fondling fuckwit a few yards away." -- Jack Marx’s attempt to celebrate Valentine's Day with his wife is ruined by protesters

The ridiculous:

"Anyone who doubts that the Iraqi Army is prepared to defend its capital should take the highway south of Baghdad. How, I kept asking myself, could the Americans batter their way through these defenses?"

That's the man who became a verb, raising an interesting philosophical question: is Fisk an L3 icon despite, or because of, his record of reporting anti-western delusion as cold, hard fact ?

No comments: